Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Toys


I think I'm going to like these. Where should I start? That nifty little cable hanger that mounts to the fork should take away pretty much any chance of break chatter. It's got threaded eyelets for fender hardware just like my old Cronus road bike. Probably the coolest thing, and this is me getting really geeked out, is I'll be able to run full length cable housing on the rear derailuer and it will look super clean thanks to Treks little Di2 plug that fills the hole where the cable enters the downtube. Oh, and the paint scheme will match our kits perfectly. So far I like what I see, can't wait for the rest of the parts.

4 comments:

speedomodel said...

Sweet frameset, Mark. Let me know if you need anything bonked.

LookingatLife said...

Wow... That is beautiful. I want one!

TheProfessor said...

That should look great at the World Championships!

Carl said...

Word to the wise, you can't actually run full housing. Technically, you can run another section of housing starting where it comes out under the BB, but the guys in Trek's tech department didn't really seem to have a clue about what the right part numbers were for the housing stops you'd need. Call me if you have any questions, I've already been through the pulling my hair out portion of building my Cronus CX.