Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Begin season two

I'm back...not sure from what though. It feels like I've hardly ridden for a month but that's not really the case. Anne and I had a great time riding the wine country of Napa and Sonoma. Then we spent a couple weeks back home before deciding to head to KC for a weekend getaway.

My legs were feeling pretty much like crap. And with the "real" race season, 'cross season, fast approaching I made the call to take a complete week off the bike. Now or never timing. It worked. The past two days the legs have felt really good.

This weekend might be a bit interesting with the Omaha road weekend on the calendar. Since I've declared an end to my first season after Norfolk, Omaha will probably be more about training and less about racing. Which means I may double it up on Saturday, Masters 40+ and Cat 1/2. Don't remember doing a double since I was a junior so it should be interesting.

What else is happening? Oh you know the fun stuff that makes racing really enjoyable. Core strength workouts and easing back into riding. Run gear should be arriving soon so I can start slogging around on foot. I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve for the upcoming cross season too.


No comments: