Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shifting Gears

I haven't talked about food for a while, so how about now? Tamari Almonds, ohhh so good, yet ohhh so expensive. Whole foods use to have two options, regular and organic, with the organic being twice the price at $20/lb. Yep twenty dollars a pound, regular was half that. Well, they quit carrying the regular, and I'm not paying $20/lb. for my favorite snack food. My guess is, people were buying the organic but were only paying for regular, such is the way of the bulk food aisle. So here we go.


Start by marinating 16oz. of almonds (skin on) in a half cup of Tamari for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. I prefer gluten free Tamari if you can find it.


Next, pre-heat oven to 170 degrees and spread almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and...


Voila! Perfectly seasoned homemade Tamari Almonds, and much better than store bought I might add. Let cool and store in a air tight container.


Now because this blog is mostly about bikes, I'll leave you with this...


I think this tire is done, 2000+ miles, Bontrager R4 Tubeless. Good thing I checked it out before this weekends Flatwater Cycling Weekend in Lincoln.

No comments: