Sunday, April 24, 2011

Video Monday: Curtain Call





Good bye Spring Classics, hello Grand Tours. And what a Classics season it was. Who'd have predicted wins by Nuyens at De Ronde, Van Summeran at Roubaix, even Langeveld or Goss at the Omloop and Milan-San Remo. And on top of it all the amazing quadruple by Gilbert to finish out the season.

I get super pumped for the Giro. Easily the most beautiful grand tour of the three. I guess I just love the culture that surrounds the Giro. Having had the chance to see the race in 1999 was incredible. I was lucky enough to have gotten to see the late, great Marco Pantani in a TT and mountain stage before he was disqualified after testing with too high a hematocrit level. Maybe not so great because of that but at the time, it was the norm.

Two more weeks until the greatest show on earth!

2 comments:

Shim said...

I wonder if his bike has a motor?

speedomodel said...

Gilbert pedals with his toes down. Obviously it works. :)