Friday, April 8, 2011

On the doorstep

Here we go, first race weekend of the year, and a road race at that. Almost feels like the good old days when everyones first race was the El Bee's Spring Classic in Waterloo.

Now it's the Twin Bing Classic in Climbing Hill, Iowa. I've really got no idea what to expect but I'm planning on working for others. Although I'm confident when it comes to off-road events I'm still a far cry from where I want to be on the road.

With that said, the first Wednesday Worlds was relatively painless. I felt comfortable most of the day but battled some mild cramping. No doubt a consequence of last weeks bout with food poisoning. The electrolyte levels are still a bit low. I've been chugging coconut water though like it's going out of style so I'm hoping I won't suffer the same fate Sunday. For the first time ever I was able to take all my pulls on the flats along NP Dodge park. I usually don't have the big gear power to do that, which means my 5 week interval cycle must have paid off. Power was lacking on hills though. I had that good noodle leg feel. All in all though, pretty stoked and ready for more.

So back to the weekend. Initially they were talking 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms, that's down to 20-30 now and start line temps will be in the mid 60's. Just about perfect for me, not too hot, not too cold. Time to get this show on the road.

6 comments:

bryan said...

Exactly who do you think you'll be working for? You and Shim are going to be the fastest ones there.

MOD 2.0 said...

Shhh...it's a secret.

bryan said...

Right.

KEV said...

Clark.

And Shim will let you do the work

MOD 2.0 said...

We have a three pronged attack. Otherwise known as the Trident!

KEV said...

Should be a fun race.

You should do well, your riding really strong.