Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spray on embro, better than a spray on tan

This week Mad Alchemy introduced a new Pre Ride Oil. I'm pretty excited to give this stuff a shot. I bought some of their non-warming embro last summer and really liked it but the original formula was a bit thick for regular use, great for rainy rides though. I ran into the same problem this winter with their warming blends. They work amazing when you're bare legged, during cyclocross for example, but it's a bit too thick to run under tights.

The new Pre Ride Oil is a spray on oil and comes in warming and non-warming styles. The thinner oil should work much better as a training embro. Plus there's the added bonus of additional PRO points with the added sheen it's bound to give off.

So why do I mention said product? Well, we're not planning on stocking it at the shop but I will be placing an order for myself and a few other peeps early next week. If you want in, let Bryan or Miah know at the shop and I'll be sure to order a bottle or two for you. $23.95 each. Or I'll have them available on Velogear.com.

6 comments:

E.O'B. said...

Why a non-warming embro? I ask without snark.

MOD 2.0 said...

My non-warming ECJ embro is more about skin health but it also has some anti-inflamation and anti-bacterial properties from the contained oils.

Plus it smells awesome and looks PRO. I use to use baby oil as a junior to get that PRO look that all my cycling heros had. Superficial really. But, I'm a big believer in the placebo of if you feel and look fast, you'll ride faster, it's a mental thing for me.

kathryn said...

Too bad they cannot combine it with sunblock!

Carl said...

Put me down for one of each. Seriously.

Shim said...

I'll just borrow yours or steal it ot of your bike bag.

speedomodel said...

I wouldn't mind some of the warming spray.