Monday, March 21, 2011

Group Ride!

Things are really taking off. I'm going to say we probably had 20 some folks show up for this Saturdays ride. That by far the biggest weekend ride I've ever been on since moving to Omaha 7 years ago. Apparently Group Ride Omaha is serving it's purpose.

The weekends route was perfect too. Some folks peeled off at Pacific Junction, a few more at Plattesmouth and seven of us carried on to Louisville. The final push into a cross/headwind after 75 plus miles worked us all over.

I was pretty trashed by the end of the day. I definitely wasn't giving the pain. But that's what really makes these rides awesome. There is a different strong man every week, so you're always getting pushed and getting stronger and stronger.

When we rolled into Aksarben Village our average speed was dead on 20mph. Pretty bad ass and by far the fastest "training ride" century I've ever done. To get my full hundy I had to ride to the end of our street and back.


Sunday I got the balloner for the first time since the Labor Day 5-O weekend. First lap was a little greasy at Swanson but by the 2nd lap it was perfect. What wasn't so perfect was blowing my rear tire of the rim. I've never had a tubeless tire do that to me before and upon further inspection I'm a little concerned how loose the bead is on the rim. I wasn't running excessively low pressure but the tire sealant was far from cured which I'm hoping was acting as a lubricant to assist the bead coming off. We'll see what comes of it.

All in all though, it was a super fun weekend of riding. Two more weeks and we're racing!

5 comments:

KEV said...

What was the milage back to Jones Bros? Great route and great ride.

MOD 2.0 said...

99.1, oh so close.

RD said...

106 for me....
that cross wind kind of sucked....

vaughn said...

Somebody buy Spence some new shoe covers, I don't think those f'ing things even zip up. (I only know because I've spent a lot of time on that back wheel.)

MOD 2.0 said...

When you coming out Vaughn, we miss you!