Friday, February 11, 2011

What Not to Wear

I guess I've become the default go to guy when it comes to winter dress. With the temps going up this weekend here's a little insight as to what I'll be donning for Saturdays road ride.
  • Thermal waterproof botties
  • Summer weight socks
  • Thermal bib tights
  • LS windstopper baselayer
  • Heavier weight LS jersey
  • Windstopper Vest
  • Winter gloves
  • Winter Cycling cap
The forecast is calling for 30 degree temps at ride time, 40 degrees by the end. Wind ESE at 11, hopefully by the time it picks up we'll be heading for home and have a sweet tailwind.

10 comments:

bryan said...

So you're going to sweat to death, huh? Cool.

bryan said...

Actually, check that. You're going to freeze to death, because you'll be soaked.

jono said...

I'm gonna wear a sleepless jersey and hot pants.

munsoned said...

I was actually wondering if the title "What not to wear" would involve white shorts with a grey jersey.

You know, since MOD is the Pro-est of the Pro.

munsoned said...

But in all seriousness, for the top, there's too much wind stopper going on.

My thoughts are same everywhere else but on top:

-Long sleeve base layer (probably wool)
-Jersey (not long sleeve)
-sleeveless wind vest
-arm warmers that can come off when it gets warmer

This should keep me plenty warm with the ability to de-layer if needed.

Either that or I'll be complaining that I'm too cold the whole time.

MOD 2.0 said...

K, chill out. The baselayer is just windblocl and very thin. It let's me take my vest off but keep the wind off my chest. I'll be dressed perfectly, trust me.

Carp said...

Which embro?

Shim said...

Interesting how "trainer boy" is weighing in on winter riding gear?

"You know Mark that extra wind vest will probably totally screw your lactate threshold on today's ride".

Rad-Renner said...

you guys are savage

Rad-Renner said...

btw, dems knows his shit b/c he's in retail.