Saturday, December 11, 2010

Race Morning

This is it, almost time to crawl out from under the covers and make some pancakes, no waffle iron in the condo. The final race day of the year is here. Yesterday ex-Lincoln buddy and current SoCal district state champ Lance Voyles had a great ride in the 45-49 taking 11th place. Troy wasn't quite as lucky, flatting and having to run quite a ways to the pits.

Today is going to be a war of attrition. Currently it's 35 and raining, with more rain and steady temps throughout the day. I think I'll rub embro everywhere. My 15th in the TT will get me 21 on the grid, after adding in the 6 returning top finishers from last year, super happy with that position. It will however be my first race that I haven't been on the front row since race number 1 in Madison. Time to put my elbows to good use.

This is going to be sweet.

No comments: