Thursday, November 11, 2010

This could get messing



Mid-season break complete.

The misses and I are off to Ft. Collins for round three of the U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross. This weekend it's the New Belgium Cup. After two weeks of no racing and a healthy dose of hard training I'm feeling refreshed going into the final 5 weeks of the season.


It looks like we'll finally have some 'cross weather too. Of course, eastern Colorado is in a big drought so the soil will probably just suck up any and all moisture that falls. But I'm still hopeful that we'll have more of a bike handlers course. My Castelli winter garb arrived just in time and it appears I'll have a chance to try the Mad Alchemy medium embro.

Glancing over the start list it looks like I'll be racing against Ned "the Lung" Overend and current 40+ masters national champion Peter Webber. Luckily they'll be fighting their way from the back rows. Can't  say as though I'm really looking forward to racing at altitude, but I know what I need to do this weekend so I have a plan in place. I hope the legs will oblige.

1 comment:

E.O'B. said...

In my experience (live at sea level, race in Reno at ~5,000 feet), altitude isn't that bad until the third day of racing. You'll be at a slight disadvantage, but not as bad as you would be if you were higher up the mountains.

Good luck!