Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oregon bound via St. Louis

Tomorrow's the day. Off for the final push of 10/11 'cross season. I'd planned on writing part two of my winter clothing guide but time has gotten away from me. In the morning I head off to St. Louis for some business then it's straight to Portland for the final two rounds of the US Gran Prix of Cyclocross.

It's going to be a little rough. The 'cross bikes left Sunday morning and with the weather today, travel on Wednesday, and two days of meetings on Thursday and Friday it's not looking good for pre-race training. The legs will either be really stale or really fresh. Pre-rides will have to be made Saturday morning as I don't get into to Portland until 10pm Friday night. Luckily I got a new pair of RY400 recovery tights just in time.

Goals for the back to back race weekends are pretty simple. I currently sit in 5th place overall, just two points off 4th place. So the goal is beat local boy Erick Schulz and steal 4th place. Goal two is try to chase down 3rd place Bill Elliston. He had two really bad races in the mud at Ft. Collins and is now only 45 points ahead. Portland will be muddy, and a couple podiums by me and some poor results by him and I'm on the podium overall. Fingers crossed.

Bend is simple, do everything I can for a top 5. There are 160+ registered, that's 21 rows of riders. When you take into account previous years racer call ups, defending champs, etc, the best I can do is probably 3rd row, and that's all up to the previous days time trial and how hard I can throw down on one lap. I'm optimistic.

And with that...we're off.

9 comments:

mathguy said...

Good luck. You will do very well.

Jon Downey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Downey said...

Fingers are crossed for you. I am confident that you will do well.

sydney said...

Post lots o news and may chance swing in your favor.

Endurosnob said...

"Fortune favors the brave.". Make your own luck and go crush it.

Kevin said...

You've totally got this. Kill it!

T-bone said...

See you Saturday. It's been raining here all week so there should be lots of mud.

LookingatLife said...

Good luck!

29erfan said...

Good luck mang!