Friday, October 29, 2010

Mid-Season Break

Seven races down, nine to go. It's a big nine too. Made the decision this week to skip out on the next two weekends and give the race legs a bit of rest. The last half of the 'cross season is barreling down the tracks as the New Belgium Cup (USGP), Lincoln weekend, Jingle Cross, Stanley Cup (USGP) and CX nationals are all on consecutive weekends.That's 34 hours in a car and 8 hours in a plane, but oh so worth it. So good luck to those of you heading to either Spooky Cross in Des Moines or Boss Cross in KC, I'll eagerly be waiting to hear the results.

In other news...

There's a lot of talk about Embrocation, much of it from me. To all you haters out there that say "embro? why do you need it?", Molly Cameron has good reasons. Some legit, others not. Either way, I'm a believer.

Niels Albert extended his contract with BKCP-Power Plus. I think that's really good for the sport. After Lars Boom defected to road racing, it's good to see Albert stay committed to cyclocross.

And finally...It's freaking cold out, autumn has arrived and now it really feels like cross. As Bryan likes to refer to me, Skinny Mark Savery (sorry to talk about myself in the third person) doesn't do very well in the cold (so far). I froze my butt off yesterday and I even thought I was overdressed. Oh well, I'm sure I'll acclimate over the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

jono said...

Well-deserved break.

sda said...

I'm taking next weekend off. After 4 years away from 'cross these 12 races over the last 4 weeks have me pretty knackered. Hopefully going to Fruita to chill on the ss for a few days then to the FtC USGP fresh as a daisy. We'll see how that works out for me ...