Monday, August 30, 2010

Year Four

Two thousand ten will mark my fourth season in a row heading up to Spearfish, South Dakota for the Dakota 5-O. This event has been goal one for a long time. Oddly enough, this year it's not my number one focus but I probably have my best shot at a top placing. I'm lighter than I've ever been, have more miles in the legs, and know exactly what I need to do for a decent placing. The race will also be the biggest it's ever been. Perry and crew have cut it at 500 riders. It just filled the quota last week.

So this year I go with real hopes of winning singlespeed, I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself but anything less would be a little disappointing. Couple things are for sure, the accommodations at the Spearfish City campground will be amazing, the breakfasts and brew at Common Grounds will be exceptional, and my travel companions will be super fun (three 5-O virgins). This race is already better than most.

So what's in store? Read and look what happened other years, it can only get better.

2007

2009

The Ultimate Dakota 5-O Photo Album

2009 Family Portrait
Acting the fool

4 comments:

scott showen said...

who are the first timers?

MOD 2.0 said...

Chris, Jeremy and Mike. Let the singletrack flow.

sda said...

looking fw to riding and hanging with you guys. this is gonna be good.

scott showen said...

nice, they'll have a blast!