Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two perfect days

Had a great couple days on the bike. For those racing the Battle Royale at Platte River S.P. this weekend it's perfect out there. Anne and I got an early jump late Tuesday afternoon and headed out.  The lot was already filling up by the time we got there. Trail conditions are PERFECT. Weeds are still low, but the trees are a perfectly filled in. Dirt conditions were tacky with tons of grip. Two laps with Anne, one and a half with Rafal and a last blast through Roller Coaster, Yun2 and the Gully with Nate and Clark. Clark was on a pretty good looking proto Tomac 29 full suspension??? Interesting. All you marathoners better watch out too, Rafal was killing it on his first lap, if rides like that on Saturday he'll be battling for a podium position.

Yesterday was the weekly OMA midtown Wednesday worlds throw down. Kev put in some well timed attacks to split the group. I gave a few of my own and felt pretty good. This kid named Bryan Redemske is getting quicker each week, I love watching folks steadily improve. There's quite a few that continue to impress on a weekly basis. Noticeably absent were Shim and Lucas, and the word on the street is Paul Webb is due back soon. More horsepower to suffer behind.

Did I mention I'm still having way too much fun on the bike? Well I am.

Skip is jumping on the program, I'm excited for him and Susan. It's a life changer. A very good life changer.

12 comments:

sydney said...

Do you guys do any group rides Sat or Sun? Didn't go to JMMSR, so thought maybe it would be another good weekend to mix up my terrain.

bryan said...

aww, shucks.

Sydney, Mark - get hooked up. Go find hills. I think Sarah wanted to get out, too.

MOD 2.0 said...

I'm out this weekend. Racing Platte on Saturday and Mother's day stuff on Sunday.

Typically though we've been meeting at Wohlner's grocery, Aksarben Village @ 10am on Sunday's. We'll keep that going through Memorial Day weekend then it's 6am Bacon Ride to Platte after that. Sans racing that is.

bryan said...

(side note: Mark's doing the bacon ride. I don't like bacon or gravel all that much, so I'll be on pavement.)

sydney said...

I'm not doing nuthin at 6a. So, Bryan, if you have a more sensible time on Sundays, that'd be cool. :D

Mike Miles said...

Bryan, learn to embrace the gravel. C'mon you live in some great gravel riding. Further, how do you not like bacon?!?

mw said...

bacon is processed murdered animal.

gravel is heaven.

bryan said...

sydney - I'm more like a 7 or 8 am kind of guy. 4-5 hours, done by noon, you know?

mike - I have no bike on which to handle gravel. furthermore, I have no plans to acquire that bike. Sorry.

And bacon. I don't mind it, but I don't like it enough to ride across a couple of counties to eat it.

MOD 2.0 said...

Bryan, a Madone is perfectly suited for gravel with 25c rubber.

MW, we'll call it the cinnabon ride for you.

greasyknuckles said...

25's on the gravel is so nice. really all you need, i actually went down from 28's to 25's, they cut through better and don't bounce around like the larger air volume 28's.

bminks said...

their should be a sausage patty ride.

bryan said...

hello? I'm a wussy. I was using the "no bike" thing as an excuse.

come on, people.