Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunday Plans

The Route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ne/omaha/172126822930294091

100 miles with one opt out in Missouri Valley if your legs are cranky. Be prepared for a 100 yards of gravel into Ft. Calhoun, 23c's will be fine.

The Start:
Wohlners, Aksarben Village, 10am

The Conditions:
As of 7:30am Saturday...Areas of drizzle before noon. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 45. North northwest wind between 10 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

6 comments:

mw said...

so...did it happen? who went? i need to get up to omaha for some mod time!

MOD said...

It happened and it was good. My computer said 100.5

Mike Miles and I two man TT'd it.

More soon.

mw said...

nice. good work. i saw your post and yearned for some mod time and quality miles.

mw said...

110 for me on sat
slim chance
new bars
fresh tape
shit tires but new

E.O'B. said...

What kind of gear do you run on days with this much gravel? CX bikes with road tires, road bikes with 27's?

MOD said...

Sunday was pretty much all road except for about 100 yards. Had 23c's with fenders on my Cronus.

But last summer I was riding quite a bit of gravel on my Madone with 25c Bonty Hardcase tires. Worked sweet and zero flats.

This year I've got two options, my GF Cronus which handles 28c's or my Ibis Hakkalugi with whatever I deem fit. I'm leaning towards the Ibis since the Cronus is so stiff but I'm going to try both out.