Monday, March 8, 2010

Solo Mission

Dinner time in Lincoln meant a solo ride south to the hometown. Yesterday I fell in love with embrocation. With temps starting out in the mid 30's and expected to hit mid 40's I went against my usual dress and opted for the less is more route. This started with a healthy lathering of Elite Ozone Thermogel. I could really feel the warmth as I was pulling on the knee warmers. I also opted for my lighter weight Nike belgie booties instead of the neoprene.

I also went for a lighter weight windstopper glove with warmer gel on the hands too. This my friends was amazing. I lightweight glove with total warmth. Anyway, all this paired up with baselayer wind shirt and I was spot on for the day, not to hot, not to cold.

I did my usual twisty over the river and through woods route to Lincoln looking for some extra miles. It went something like this. South through Bellevue and over to Springfield via Platteview Rd. South to Louisville, South Bend, Ashland, Greenwood, Waverly, Prairie Home, Walton, Lincoln. 75 miles for the day, mostly with a cross-tail or cross-headwind.

One flat on the day, first of the season. Considering all the gravel and debris on the road I'll call myself lucky.

I see the first century coming on soon. Who's in? Maybe next weekend? Looks like rain all week but good by Saturday.

20 comments:

Dan said...

Hey Mark,

What product did you use on your hands? I've been looking for something.

Thanks,

Dan

Mike Miles said...

I'd be in Sunday.

RD said...

call me a poser but i'm going t lincoln for pcl thing saturday

EB said...

Nice,Love that route

bryan said...

oh, so it's like ... "hey, Bryan always seems underdressed but rarely complains about getting cold. He must be on to something. But I'll give him shit anyway."

See?

Embrocation.

MOD said...

Dan, it's Ozone Elite Thermogel Intense Warmer. Got it right at the end of cross season. Works awesome, makes me want to try even warmer stuff.

Bryan, regardless what you you say, count on me always giving you shit. I learned it from Shim.

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

MOD said...

Alright, we got it, you want to ride Saturday.

Shim said...

I might be up for a long ride on Saturday say around 10ish? 4-5 hours?

P.S. its all in fun, right?

MOD said...

Yeah, four to five, okay then.

mw said...

i am up for a mod ride sometime!

bryan said...

I think I'm going to ride on Sunday. Maybe I'll see if Shim wants to go, too?

MOD said...

I don't know, I'm thinking he's only available for 4-5 hours on Saturday. Someone should call him and make sure.

greasyknuckles said...

hey mod, you should come down on saturday with rafal and do the lincoln something lincoln ride. i like you.

RD said...

i'm with nate yia yia pizza... and there something about a ride or something like it...