Friday, January 29, 2010

Ridin', Racin', Movies and Futbol


This ones for Butchie and Munson, two of my fender loving brothern. Too bad it's not going to get warm enough this weekend to really need them. I've had some epic battles with fenders in the past and this was by far the easiest install I've ever done. 15 minutes, installed and adjusted, thanks Aaron, Travis and crew at Fisher Bikes for designing a bike that a good many of us have been calling for.

Lots and lots going on this weekend and beyond. Saturday is the NCA (Nebraska Cycling Association) annual meeting. If Want to learn more about racing, officiating or promoting you should probably make your way to Whole Foods and check this out.

Sunday morning, tune in for the CYCLOCROSS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS from Tabor in the  Czech Republic on BVLS. I thought I read somewhere that maybe CX magazine might have coverage too. Anyway, BVLS is free so check it out, start time for elites is 8:00am. Regional local boy, KC's Chris Wallace will be racing in the juniors on Saturday morning (early).

Shortly followed by Aresenal v. Man U. Big four BPL smack down. Hope Rooney gets his ass kicked.

This weekend also marks the grand re-opening of the Waiting Room in Benson. I hear there's a pretty good show going on Saturday night, more importantly though is the screening of The Greatest Show on  Earth, Sunday night at 7:30pm.  This is a free show, but I'd encourage you to show your appreciation by buying a few drinks. This movie / documentary is bad ass. Don't miss it, if not only for the opportunity to hang out with your cycling buddies in the middle of winter.

Which leaves us with "the ride" of the weekend. Many are calling for some gravel and I'm feeling obliged offer up a favorite. Shim and I were scheming, a group of us can ride to his place from midtown then over the toll bridge and do my loess hills loop. Good mix of gravel and pavement, I think it's about 50 miles. The plan is to probably be at Shims place by 1:00pm. I might be up for a mini ride at some point on Saturday, we'll see. I'll put more hard details later.

9 comments:

munsoned said...

I would get an Ion in a second if I didn't have a bike that already took 28C tires. I'm sure I could come up with some sort of fancy setup to work on my Lemond for fender coverage.

RD said...

not to say i'm some kind of road expert cause i'm not but my ion is pretty sweet... mike since were are the same height you can ride it

MOD said...

CX worlds is live at cxmagazine.com, both days coverage starts at 4am.

Cornbread said...

Pretty darn slick. Fenders are rad.

RD said...

is it too soon to plan little bluegrass state trip for 2013

MOD said...

Nope but I'll be there in 10/11/12 & 13 now!

What's funny is I was just thinking about Masters worlds this morning. Good long term goal.

badger dave said...

didn't know you were a Gooner! Must be a pain in the arse watching live games that side of the pond though

MOD said...

Dave, not too bad actually, Fox Soccer Channel starts up around 8am on the weekend with live coverage of Serie A and then a 10am BPL game. After that, it's time to ride!

ButchieCantaloupe said...

Thanks! Such a slick set-up.