Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Who has two thumbs and is a douchebag?


This guy! That is me, I mean. I quite typically find a way to stick my foot in my mouth. In fact, I've managed to do it on a pretty regular basis most of my life. Anyway, so a few months back I got a little heated. Heated? Maybe that's the wrong word. Let's say annoyed at some post race comments and proceeded to call some folks out as douchebags. Now that we're a few months on, I've learned that the douchebag formerly known as douchebag No. 1 has a name. And that name is David. Turns out David is quite the bad ass on the bike, and a better man than I. So with that, I must apologize for overeacting.

Although I still don't know David very well, he felt that he knew me well enough to offer me up a spare ENO wheel so that I could have raced this past weekend after ripping my derailluer off Friday night.

So it looks like I'm the real DB. High strung? At times, very much so. So David, as your friends seem to think you're still a douchebag based on your love of pre-race PBR and lack of training, we may have something in common. I'll bring a sixer of tall boys and an ego check next time.

5 comments:

scott showen said...

is that h-wood on the right?

MOD said...

yep, all four of these guys pretty much killed it singlespeed all weekend.

Cornbread said...

It takes a big man to admit he's a douchebag. :)

mw said...

i think you are all right

Shim said...

I always knew you were a douchebag, you know it take s one to know one.