Wednesday, January 30, 2008

After a 40 degree temperature swing and a negative 15 degree commute yesterday, it's always nice to come home and smell a pot of chili that's been cooking all day.

Yesterday was a bust other than the ride to the shop. Today I tossed on the runners and got down to it. 2 miles with some post yoga stretch. Cabin fever is set in, I won't wait for mother nature any longer. It hit me the other day that 3 of the fastest guys I know, Jesse, Marko and Cam were all high school or college cross country runners. When I think back to when I was my fastest I was running regularly as well. Time for some cross training.

I've got new motivation, plans are coming together.

4 comments:

Jim said...

You better not like that running too much......It might make you want to do a, oh I almost can't say the word.....TRIATHLON !! UGH!

Stick to the trails it's much more fun.

MOD said...

Sticking to trails would be more fun if I weighed 175 too.

Mark Studnicki said...

I'm 180 (and thats not just my off-season weight either) and i'm running 1 day week. It's 1 day a week now because it takes about 6 days for the legs to recover before I can do it again. I should be up to 3 days a week soon.

thirtyfourtwenty said...

hey mod - running ain't nearly as fun as riding, but you can rest assured you'll be stronger and faster come race season if you start running consistently! i've been doing lunch runs 3-4 days/week since last summer and riding very little (twice since mid-november!) and i feel like i'll come out of winter in better shape than i have in a long time. before, i couldn't stand running, now i'm actually bummed if i don't get to run during the week. good bang for the buck when you're limited on time! hopefully a little motivation for you. run, (through the pain) forest, run! -mk-